fresh, vibrant summer pops that taste like the drive down the amalfi coast during lemon season…
These summer treats are like a burst of Positano, as the creamy lemon flavour pushes through the popsicles creating a delicious fresh taste. I’ve garnished the popsicle with drizzly honey, blueberries, hemp seeds, mint leaves and cranberry dust but really you can have it with any of your favourite toppings. The key is to use the right combination of fat free condensed milk and whole milk so the popsicles freeze in a creamier texture. With regular condensed milk the popsicle tend to not freeze enough and using a light milk the end result will be more icier texture that lacks in creaminess. And of course, the entire lemon is used for these pops, where the zest adds another punch of lemony flavour!
- 1 can fat-free sweet condensed milk
- 1 whole lemon
- 1/2 cup whole milk (not skimmed milk)
- Wash the lemon and slice into smaller pieces so you can remove the seeds.
- In a blender, add the lemon, condensed milk and whole milk and blitz into a smooth paste in high speed.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
- Remover from molds by running under warm water and garnish with favourite toppings. I used mint leaves, blueberries, honey, cranberry dust and hemp seeds.