‘Apple season calls for an apple Pie’
We picked an entire basket full of apples from my brothers and sister-in laws apple tree, so it was time to get creative and make some pies, smoothies and hopefully jam in the next couple of days. Seasonal apples are so delicious, I love the sourness and almost tangy peel with that punch of sweetness it gives from the middle. I cannot believe that September is almost over and that in a week we are in October already. But before pumpkin season takes over, September is giving us constant rays of sunshine. Even though it’s relatively warm here at the moment and the days are filled with lots of light, I can’t help myself but to transition into moodier darker photography. As autumn approaches, I start to admire coal colored wooden backdrops, dark grey linens and a setting that is dimmed down when taking images. Candle light is desirable and it’s the time of year when being at home becomes that much more pleasant as evenings getting darker and cozier.
This apple pie recipe is solid proof, as it is quick and easy and cannot be messed up. The base is basically made from egg, a bit of sugar and flour (with a few spices etc. co) that is then poured on top of apples and baked for thirty minutes. You can make this pie on a baking tray, an oven dish or a cake tray, whatever you have handy at your reach. You can also spice up the batter with your favorite flavors, this one calls for cinnamon and cardamom. Enjoy the pie just like that with a cup of black tea or serve it with vanilla sauce or ice-cream, as you would traditionally.
Apple Pie Ingredients
- 7 small apples
- 3 eggs
- 2dl sugar
- 100g melted butter
- 1 dl cashew milk
- 3dl flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
Toppings: Walnuts, apple slices, sprinkling of sugar & cinnamon
- Cut the majority of apples into smaller cubes. For the topping, cut several apples into small slices that you press on top of the batter
- With a handheld blender, beat the eggs and sugar until frothy. Add in the melted butter. Then add in the dry ingredients and milk.
- If you are using a cake tin, line it with butter and coat the sides with a little bit of flour to prevent the pie from sticking to the edges.
- Pour the apple cubes into the bottom, add the batter on top. Press the apple slices on top along with some walnuts. Brush the apple slices with some melted butter and add a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 200 degrees Celsius for 30 min.